Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What is "First name" and what is "Last name"?

today is that I do think about name of the people how to be called by the tradition why they have first name and last name. I have usually have difficulty to put the name when I usually to Immigration or University, because I have only first name. I did not consider about my name in my country, but when I have been in other countries, I am facing to write the first name and last name. now is that I do think due to the naming of the people which is also important, as much as I was finding with some references as following.

What is "First name" and what is "Last name"? zero_88 Jun 11th, 08, 12:16 PM #1

First name is Surname? and Last name is your name right?

If my name is TAN AH KAO

should I put....

A. "FIRST NAME" = TAN "LAST NAME" = AH KAO

or

B. "FIRST NAME" = AH KAO "LAST NAME" = TAN

Which one is correct?
since I was small, I always put LAST NAME as my surname....then every time what I get is AH KAY TAN....

ColdFusion Jun 11th, 08, 12:19 PM #2
B

First name is how they address u.
Lastname is your surname.

Eg:

TAN AH KOW

AH KOW = First Name
TAN = Last Name

In case you have an english name:

STANLEY TAN

STANLEY = FirstName
TAN = 
 LastName 
 
val_wilder Jun 11th, 08, 12:26 PM #3
Jackson family
Micheal Jackson - Bro
Janet Jackson - Sis

Micheal = First Name
Jackson = Last Name  

Don't know why we have to follow the westernised way... but...

First Name: Kao
Middle Name: Ah
Last Name/Surname/Patronymic: Tan

Like Homer Jay Simpson.

They'll usually call you "Kao" rather than "Ah Kao" so Kao would be your first name in practice. Better than being called "Ah".

However, when filling up forms, you're unlikely to find a space for the middle name so putting "Ah Kao" as first name is fine.

So you WILL end up like Ah Kao Tan. Coz they put the patronymic last. If they followed our way you would have "My name is Simpson Homer"... sounds funny right?
sg.png
Last edited by 123com; Jun 11th, 08 at 12:56 PM..
RxC6
RxC6's Avatar
why so serious ?


Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,530
Trade rep: 11 (92%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Post
RxC6 Jun 11th, 08, 12:52 PM #7
Ah Kow, Tan

(First Name), (Last Name)

First Name = Your Given Name
Last Name = Surname
http://www.google.co.th/#hl=en&biw=800&bih=469&sclient=psy-ab&q=firt+name+and+last+name&oq=firt+name+and+last+name&gs_l=hp.12...0.0.5.1980.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c.aHqQYeYTYHo&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=d7db8aef4ee9749e

No comments:

Post a Comment